SHORTLIST MEDIA - COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The competitions that we run through the Site are subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). These Terms are supplemental to and should be read in conjunction with any specific entry instructions or terms applying to the specific competition you are entering (“Competition Information”).
Unless otherwise expressly stated in the Competition Information, these Terms apply to all competitions run by Shortlist Media Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 06246263 and registered address at Jubilee House, 92 Lincoln Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE1 2SN (“we, us”).
- To enter a competition all entrants must comply with the entry requirements set out in the Competition Information and these Terms. The entrant acknowledges that failure to comply with the Competition Information or these Terms may result in his/her disqualification from the competition. Shortlist Media reserves the right to amend and update these Terms at their sole discretion from time to time and such changes will become effective as soon as they are published on the website. Prizes are subject to availability
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Information, no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- Only one entry is permitted per household via online route of entry, and no bulk or third party entries are permitted.
- We shall disqualify any entries which, in our reasonable opinion, appear to have used any of these entry methods including multiple entries from the same IP address or telephone number, unless the Competition Information states that multiple entries are permitted.
- Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, and in other cases as stated) except Shortlist Media employees and members of their immediate families, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or employees, or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
- Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry. We do not accept any responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, including (without limitation) those which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry.
- Entrants hereby assign all intellectual property rights and waive all moral rights in their entry to Shortlist Media Ltd.
- If we run a competition or offer with a promoter where that promoter is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then Shortlist Media Ltd will not be responsible for the accuracy of any prize descriptions supplied by the promoter or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes. We reserve the right to pass any details of winners to third parties engaged to deliver prizes on our behalf or (as the case may be) any third party sponsors or promoters. Shortlist Media Ltd and any associated promoters, bear no responsibility for any entry which is incorrectly submitted, lost, damaged, incomplete or received after the closing date.
- We and our promoters reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
- The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by email or phone within two weeks of the closing date.
- Should we or any associated promoter be unable to contact a winner, for any reason, within 14 days of the closing date or otherwise specified, or if a winner is unable to accept the prize, we reserve the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Detail of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked with the name of the competition to Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London WC1N 3QA, United Kingdom within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
- All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites, magazines or mobile Site at any time as a result of the competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who we consider (at our sole discretion) is in breach of these Terms or the Competition Information. Where we consider it appropriate we may allocate the prize to another eligible entrant if the winner is disqualified.
- In entering the competition, you warrant that all the information you submit is correct, not obscene or offensive or otherwise in breach of any third party rights. We have the right at any time to require entrants to provide proof of identity as evidence of eligibility to participate. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into about any decisions made.
- Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries. The winner’s names and results may be published on our relevant online channels. To obtain the names of winners and results of a specific competition, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Competitions, Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London WC1N 3QA
- Prizes cannot be exchanged or refunded and there is no cash alternative. The prize is non-transferrable.
- Entry into the competition shall constitute consent to the uses of entrants’ personal data. We and/or third party promoters for the competition may use data supplied by entrants to contact entrants in relation to other competitions or to market products we believe may be of interest to them. If you do not wish to receive details of future related offers from Shortlist and selected third parties please inform us along with your name and address in writing to: Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London, WC1N 3QA or contact competitions@Shortlist.com.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by their negligence or fraud, Shortlist Media shall not be liable to any entrant (and/or any guest or parent/guardian of an entrant, as applicable) for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with a competition. If we are liable to a participant for any reason (other than death or personal injury arising from our negligence) such liability shall be limited to £50 in aggregate.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the competition prizes or any information, service or product provided in connection with a competition.
- These Terms (including in respect of any non-contractual obligations) are governed by English law and any disputes arising in connection with a competition and/or these Terms (including in respect of any non-contractual obligations) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.