You will be required to register with us to use certain features on the website and/or to receive the email service (together referred to as the Services). When you register, we will collect personal information about you (such as your name, age, gender, email address, telephone and home and work postcodes). This data allows us to provide a personalised service to you. By registering, you agree to us accessing and collecting such personal information about you. We will create an account for your use of the Services based on the information you give (an Account). We may also ask that you provide other information to us for your Account. You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the Services. You can print a copy of these Terms.
Please remember that you are responsible for keeping your Services password confidential, and you are responsible for all activities that occur on your Account whether or not authorised by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or Account or any other breach of security. We cannot be liable for any loss or damage which results from the disclosure of your password contrary to these Terms.
We will use the information you provide to us in one or more of the following ways only:
• to monitor, develop and improve the Services and your use of the Services;
• to assist in and administer the provision of Services to you (i.e. to despatch emails to you, or to provide you with password reminders, or notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
• to process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made about or by you;
• to contact you about a submission you have made to the Services; and/or
• to understand customer trends and patterns.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us simply click on the unsubscribe link included in every email. Alternatively you can send an unsubscribe request to email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” specified in the subject line
We may contact you:
• in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the service to you;
• where you have opted to receive regular emails from us;
• in relation to any contribution you have made to the Services;
• to inform you of the results of a competition you have entered;
• to invite you to participate in surveys about the Services (participation is always voluntary); and/or
• for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to that contact.
We will only ever contact you by email, using the email address that you provide to us.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you have opted to receive one of our regular emails we will from time to time:
• send you information by email about existing and new services, products and special offers from us; and/or
• send you information by email about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
These emails will only ever come from us, even when they refer to third party products or services. You will be able to opt out of receiving these emails but if you opt out we will have to stop sending you any sort of email.
Shortlist Media Ltd will only store telephone information where applicable to contact competition entrants. Telephone numbers will never be used for marketing purposes.
We guarantee that the personal information that we collect from you will never be shared with another organisation for marketing purposes unless you specifically agree to allow it. The permission will be made clear through a tick box on a competition or offer. The sponsor will be clearly named in the text next to the tick box and if the box is not ticked no data will be shared. If you do choose to tick the box the data will only be shared with the sponsor and will only be used by that sponsor for their own marketing purposes. The only case in which another organisation will have access to your information is to analyse or process it as described under the heading “How We Store and Process Your Information” above. No organisation will be allowed to use your information for its own purposes without your permission.